Tyumen Town, Russia guidebook
Tyumen became part of the Republic of Siberia in 1709. Tyumen had 6,593 inhabitants in 1763.
The first steamboat of Siberia was built in Tyumen in 1836. The tannery was the principal product in Tyumen in the nineteenth and eighteenth centuries. The Tyumen was also an important trading centre.
The city day of Tyumen is celebrated on the last Saturday in July. It is unclear how the name Tyumen originated. Tyumen is home to the following major Russians: "Zapsibgazprom" ("Gazprom"), "Lukoil - West Siberia" ("Lukoil"), "Tyumenneftegaz", "Sibnefteprovod" ("Transneft").
Lenin's corpse was removed from Moscow to Tyumen during the Second World War.
Famous four-star Tyumen hotels: The Mercure Tyumen Center, Eurasia, Remezov and Tyumen.