Oakisland

Oaki

History of Oak Island They hit two legs below the top of the mine on a stone slab overlay. They ran 10 ft deep into a thick sheet of oaks that spanned the well. At 20 and 30 ft they found the same thing again, a shift of tree trunks. Together with The Onslow Company, which was founded for the quest, they started to dig again.

You quickly returned to the 30-foot point that had been achieved 8 years ago. Then they descended to 90 ft and found a ply of oaks every 10 ft. Beside the planks, a 40 ft. wood coal and 50 ft. wood cement and 60 ft. wood coir were found.

One of the most enigmatic indications was found at 90 ft - a rock with mystical inscription. Once the oaks had been pulled up at 90 ft and continued, the waters began to soak in. The next morning, the mine was full of up to 33 ft of mineral ore.

The pump did not work, so the next year a new mine was excavated up to 100 ft along with the new one. There was a tunnelling from there to the Money Sit. Once again the waters came in and the quest was suspended for 45 years. Onslow Company had accidentally unpicked a 500-foot long path carved by the mine's designer into Smith's Cove near by.

It was replenished by the ocean as quickly as the waters could be drained. The next firm was established in 1849 to try to recover the treasury, The Truro Corporation, and the quest began again. Soon they excavated to 86 ft to be inundated. And at 98 ft, the bit went through a pine deck.

He then met 4 inch Eiche and then 22 inch of what was called "metal in pieces"; The next 8 inch Eiche, another 22 inch Metall, 4 inch Eiche and another stratum Fichte. In 1850, the Truro company came back with a plan to excavate another forklift pit and then tunnele it to the money shaft.

Exactly as before, when they rushed into the tunnel, the waters began to pour in. But it was not possible to keep the mud out. As we pumped, someone realized that at low pressure at Smith's Cove, waters came out of the bath.

The find led to an astonishing finding - the shore was man-made. The mine planners found out that they had designed a 145-foot drainage system along the shore that looked like the hands of a palm. Every one of his knuckles was a canal buried under the sand and hewn with rock.

Then the canals were full with sea rock, a few centimeters of seaweed covering them and then another centimeters of coir covering them. As a result of this filtration system, the ducts stayed free of mud and dust while the waters could still run along them.

At a point in the interior of the country, the digits hit each other, feeding seawater into a descending canal, which finally led to the Money Pit about 500 ft away. Subsequent research revealed that this subterranean canal was 4 ft broad, 2 1/2 ft high and covered with rock and hit the money pit at a depth of 95 to 110 ft.

For the Truro company, the solution was now easy - simply cut off the stream of fresh air from the shore and excavate the treasury. Her first try was to construct a causeway right on the shore of Smith's Cove, dump the waters and then remove the drainage canals. Their next plans were to excavate a mine 100 ft or so upcountry in the hope of joining up with the subterranean canal where they could clog up the canal.

This was Truro's last try to unravel the mysteries of Oak Island. In 1861, the next effort to secure the treasury was made by the Oak Island Association. First, they cleaned out the money chute to 88 ft. It was excavated to 120 ft without impacting the canal and then closed.

and the bottom of the money pit fell over 15 ft. All in the money pit had just fell further down into the pit. Digging more wells, trying to fill the runoff at the shore, building a new embankment (destroyed by a storm) and drilling for more coring trials.

It was in 1893 that a man by the name of Fred Blair and a group by the name of The Oak Island Treasure Company began their quest. In 1878, about 350 ft from the money mine, the cavern found seems to have been a well excavated by the constructors of the money-exit. Perhaps it was used as a vent for the construction of the tidal channel.

Apparently it has crossed or just crossed the high tide tunnels. As she was evacuated by the Treasure Company, she began flooding at a 55 -foot level and was forsaken. In the next few years, the Oak Island Treasure Company would excavate more pits, pumping more and still achieve nothing.

By 1897, they managed to clear the money mine to 111 ft, where they actually saw the entry to the tidal channel, which was blocked with stones for a while. Yet the waters worked their way through and replenished the well. Then the Treasury ruled that it would try to close the Smith's Cove river by blasting the tidal channel.

We have dumped five loads in wells near the flooding tunnels. As quickly as ever, the money pit was filled with running rush. A 126-foot logging operation was followed by cutting timber and irons. In other drilling, the timber was found at 122 ft and the blade was totally missing, suggesting that the falling could cause the materials to mislap.

From 130 to 151 ft and also from 160 to 171 ft a shade of mud, sandy and aquatic was found. It can be used for waterproofing and is probably the same "putty" found at 50 ft. of the pit.

It was 7 ft high with 7 inches thick wall. The next step was to achieve a coating of hard alloy, then almost 3 ft of alloy and then more hard alloy. Believing more than ever that there was a great fortune beneath the Isle, The Treasure Company began to sink more wells to reach the concrete arch.

There' s been a second high water underway! It was in the South Shore Cove. Although this discovery certainly reinforced the case that something of value was hidden beneath it, it did not get anyone nearer to the rich. The Oak Islandreasure Company and Blair kept sinking new wells and drilling more cores, but no advances were made and no new information was obtained.

A number of efforts were made between 1900 and 1936 to preserve the treasures. First was a piece of rock with engravings similar to those found on the labeled rock at the height of 90 feet of the money pit. Two discoveries were several old woods at Smith's Cove.

Then the next explorer was Erwin Hamilton. First was the find of stones and gravels at 190 ft. After a former well had been cleared, the second find reached 176ft. On this spot a lime stone stratum was found and pierced. He made his only find on the Smith's Cove shore when he tried to stop the drainage system.

When Bob was digging a well, he fainted and dropped into the underwater. He' tried to stop the flow of rain at Smith's Cove, and he might have made it. Then, a ditch was excavated on the southern side of the peninsula in the hopes of catching and obstructing the other one.

There was no finding of the tidal channel, but an unidentified re-filled well was found, possibly excavated by the mine's team. It appears the pit has sunk to 45 and has been halted, its destination is not known. There was a 2 ft thick lime stone stratum at 140 ft and then a forty ft gap.

He excavated more of the initial well that Bob Dunfield found in 1965 in 1966. Turns out the wave went over 45?Ü. Blankship found a handmade pin and washers at 60-foot. He hit a rock face in standing waters at 90ft.

Assuming that this was part of the southern channel, he could not investigate further because the pit could not be prevented from burglary. In 1967 a wrought-iron shear was found under the outlets of Smith's Cove. Smith's Cove unveiled some more mysteries of the Triton Alliance, a group founded by Blankenship in 1970 to pursue the quest.

and up to 65 ft long. All four legs were labeled with numbers from Rome and partly with wood pens or crests. On the west side two wood constructions with casted steel studs and metallic bands were found. They dug up a set of boots nine yards under the shore.

Triton's next big discovery came in 1976 when he excavated the 10-X borehole, a 237-foot tubular metal submerged 180 ft north-east of the money pit. Several seemingly man-made voids up to a depth of 230 ft were found during the trenching (see: drill results). Imagine a photo taken with a crane that had been dropped into a rock cave at 230ft.

First you could see a separated palm hovering in the sea. Later, three chest (of the kind of treasury, I suppose) and various instruments could be identified.

Auch interessant

Mehr zum Thema