French Polynesia Citizenship

Franco Polynesia Citizenship

Tourist Visa Guide for French Polynesia. Be prepared by learning the steps to obtain French citizenship as described in this guide. They' ll help you check in to French Polynesia. toggle title="If I am married to an EU citizen, can I stay in French Polynesia as an EU citizen? Marriage of foreign nationals in French Polynesia will be sent to you by the Concierge.

Polynesia-French -

For all French Polynesian vessels, it is NOT mandatory to go to Papeete custom and migration office to finalize the clearance procedure. Now, boats can enter and leave the port of arrival of the other island (Marquesas, Tuamotus, Gambiers, Australians, etc.) with the "gendarmes" office (French police) and take care of all custom and entrance procedures in one place (see below for full details).

You can also go to the gendarme offices on the various French Polynesian isles. Arrive in Papeete: In case you are in Tahiti or Moorea (regardless of whether you have already immigrated to the FP), you must make a declaration of entry at the harbour master's offices on your day of your departure.

Failure to make this declaration of receipt will result in non-release. Registration with Papeete HarbourmasterSkippers does not require personal registration with the Harbourmaster. When you are a Papeete Marina client, this documentation will be sent to you by the Marina-Agent. Whoever owns or captains the vessel must contact the immigration department at Faaa Airport.

When a person enters or exits Tahiti, they must also go to Immigration on arriving. Next the skipper has to go to the customs in Motu Uta (20 minutes on foot or by taxi). Arrivals on other FP islands: Due to the distance and sail condition, the FP Customs allows boats to register in and out of the" Gendarmerie" isles.

It is no longer necessary to come to Papeete. Entry procedures are handled by the police. You must fill in and sign a "customs registration form" for the ship owners or captains. Then the gendarmerie will check the document and send it by e-mail to the customs in Papeete.

In this case, it is the skippers own responsability to send the application to Papeete no later than 24 hrs after arriving on the outskirts isle. Keep in mind that the police are not customs officers and in fact often know very little about the latest customs legislation.

It is important to take the declarations seriously, as a French custom vessel is patrolling the island and inspecting the vessels on a regular basis using information sent to Papeete. Please note: A trip to Motu Uta, Papeete is necessary if you have not sent your blank custom forms from the first French Polynesian city.

Once check-in has been completed on the external isles, the boats are no longer required to fly the Q-Flagge. Every terminal for the external isles is equipped with detailed information on how to find your Gendarme offices. Click here for the French customs website. On this page you can download the customs declarations sheet, which is available in both French and English.

Clear to depart from Papeete: All sailings more than 50nm from Tahiti and/or Moorea must be cleared. Enter your name of the vessel, the name of the master, the date of sailing and the target (e.g. Cook Islands via the Leeward Islands or Tonga). So if you plan to travel only to the Polynesia Islands and then return to Tahiti/Moorea, emailing is all you need to do.

You' ll get your approval by email and when you come back to Tahiti/Moorea, all you have to do is let the harbour master know your date of drop-off and your anchor. In this case, no customs declaration is required. Harbor Master will arrange your internal island Polynesia handling in Tahiti and send it to you by e-mail.

You' re required to complete a customs declaration of leaving from the gendarmerie agents. Your inpatient gendarme will give you 24 hrs to depart once your approval has been given. Customs must be met at its head offices in Motu Uta, Papeete, to make the declaration of origin the following morning before depart.

Your permit will be sent by the harbour master to the immigration department and a copy to the customs department. On your departing date, the skipper must go to the immigration desk at the international airports to collect your visa. You can obtainuty free petrol from Customs in Papeete, who will give you auty free one.

You can receive these at any time during your time at the FP. When you have to make a deposit on arrival (non-EU nationals only), make sure that your documents state from which of the islands you will depart so that you can collect your deposit. See below for more information on payment of the loan (and possible ways to avoid it) migration and charges.

From the gendarmerie at the check-in harbour at least one full working days before your scheduled check-out, fill in a customs declaration duly authorised by the gendarmerie agents. The gendarmes will sometimes do this on your account, but it is your duty to make sure that the paperwork is sent to Papeete.

Passports must be in force for at least 6 month (except for French nationals). Polynesia is part of the European Union (as an international group of France ), but not of the Schengen Agreement and has its own visas. Since not all checkpoints are sufficiently staffed, it is recommended that the yachting crew seek a pass stamps to verify their length of residence in order to prevent later problems.

The duration of the residence for EU nationals is governed by FP Legislative Decree No. 2010-1434 of 19 November 2010. You do not need a visas for a residence of less than 3 month. EU nationals for more than 3 month periods need adequate resources for their residence under FP (proof of funding can be requested) and health coverage for them and their families during their sojourn.

Nationals of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco and Norway may have a specific treaty with French Polynesia and should enquire with migration services about the length of residence without a permit. European Union nationals may remain in the FP for up to 18 month. That is the max amount of free board free travel in FP: you are allowed to leave FP and then return, but that will not put the watch back or put it on ice.

All other non-EU nationals are only allowed to remain for the duration of their visas. Non EU nationals who wish to remain for more than 3 month need an LSV. You can do this by contact a French consular office (up to 5 month before arrival in French Polynesia to obtain a long term permit.

In order to obtain a long-term visas, you must give a reason why you want to remain longer, as well as an introduction of what you are planning during your visit, provide proof of your economic autonomy (6 month banking statement, etc.). Please be aware that your medical coverage must include the entire duration of your LS visas, otherwise your visas will be valid at the same date as your medical check.

You will be forwarded by the Embassy to the High Commissioner in Papeete. When you submit Marquesas documents, you may not abandon the Marquesas until your documents are handed back by Papeete. Upon your arriving in French Polynesia, you must request a "Carte de Sejour".

A new regulation came into force in 2016 requiring LS visas to appear in the Haut Commissaire bureau in order to apply and obtain the Card de Sailor. We have Haut Commissaire bureaus in Nuku Hiva (Taiohae) and Papeete. Please note: If you have the LS visas in your pass (which you received before arrival), you do NOT need to leave a deposit on your return to FP or a deposit notice while you wait for your card de sejour processing (see deposit processing below).

Please be aware that more applicants will apply at the beginning of the year and until spring and that the Papeete civil servants will therefore have more requests to deal with and will regularly work on. Fund certificate / Bonds for non-EU citizens: When you have a long-term visas in your pass, normally no deposit or transfer is necessary, but if one is applied for, a refundable airline pass is a good choice.

Otherwise, all non-EU nationals must do one of three things when they get to the FP: 2) You can find a listing of our yachting agencies under Clearance Agent. EU nationals do not require the bonds. Crews travelling by plane to join a vessel should make this clear on their visas, including when entering the country at the Aiport. They should be given both an entry and departure stamps in their passports.

You will need the departure postmark to clear out by sea. For how long can I remain in FP with my boot? Please see the Customs section below for more detail. Make sure you are in compliance with all customs requirements as it is very likely that customs officials will go on the ship and browse your cat.

You can find all the necessary information on the customs website. Visits to recreational craft can be made in French Polynesia without customs duty and tax for a duration not exceeding 36 month (there is no prolongation, except in cases of "force majeure"): Entrance of the ship was properly declared to the customs in Papeete.

This ship is chartered outside the French Polynesian territories (flag), and the ship's captain or captain or operator is a real tour operator and not located in French Polynesia. In French Polynesia, the ship may not be operated by the shipowners, masters or users in a profitable manner. A recreational craft's provisional registration will end when it leaves French Polynesia for a destination abroad.

Violations of the residence regulations not only result in a significant penalty, but also in an importer's tax on the vessel (approx. 25% for boats flying the French flag and up to 35% of the value for other boats flying a flag abroad). It is a crime to stall the vessel and the skipper who does so may have the vessel seized, receive a penalty equal to twice the value of the vessel and a prison sentence of 11 to 1 months.

The custom has made it clear that the bill will be fully implemented. This is not stated on the custom clearance sheet, but you must declaring all motorised craft on your boat: these include outboard tender boats for most recreational craft, but also motorbikes and even choppers for some bigger boats!

Make, type, engine power and series number of each car and engine shall be indicated either directly on the customs declarations or on a specific piece of paper to accompany the customs declarations. They will be given the same provisional registration as your vessel, i.e. with the same regulations and duties.

If you notify the gendarmes of your drinking on your way here, be specific. Not included in reports records or custom will be assumed your intent is to resell the surplus liquor to the locals. This is something Zoll takes very seriously. Upon your check-in, you should drop anchor and complete the paperwork before binding yourself to the wharf.

INS patrols the island by climbing as many boats as possible. They' re having a check-in of boats and have scans of a copy of their declarations. Beads without a receipt are seized as custom tries to take inferior beads off the exchange. Free FuelFree duty-free petrol can be obtained free of charge by contacting the Papeete customhouse.

The only way you can get this is if you leave French Polynesia. Alcoholic beverages will be shipped to your yacht on the day of depart. Replacement parts and appliances necessary for the repairs of a ship under the" admittance temporaire" category may be introduced and duty paid without payment of tariff.

Since the middle of 2017, however, these goods have also had to be registered for exports when checking out of French Polynesia, which can make a considerable contribution to an already costly invoice. The costs for the import of replacement parts are levied by the customs agent (for the 2 customs declaration / papers for "temporary admission" and then "final export") and NOT for customs charges.

The customs brokers charge an annual fee of between 10 and 25 for each customs declarations. Please be aware that all other goods that are being import and are not intended for repair (e.g. TVs, computers, flight clothes, etc.) must be checked by customs and Duty must be made out. Tahitian operatives are warning Kreuzer that during the wet seasons in winters many French Polynesians (especially in the Marquesas) suffer from Chikungunya, a mosquito-borne ailment.

Polynesia is very well supplied with clinics and many physicians, medical experts and dental practitioners on the most populous isles, infirmaries with skilled nursing staff even in remote areas. Preventive medicines offer one year of cover (only necessary if you are staying longer than 6 months).

Ciguatera ( "fish poison" from the consumption of the fishes ) is not widespread in French Polynesia, but it is a genuine threat and affects many local people and people. There is currently no yellow fever or Zika virus exposure in French Polynesia (according to CDC). Mutual licence for hams can be purchased locally and free of charge from the telephone operator on many isles.

A fee is charged for visa issued on your check-in. Harbor dues (in the harbor of Papeete). Evidence of financing / bond: All non-EU nationals need one of three things when they enter the FP: 1) Swiss Post one loan for every non-EU passport of approximately 1,700 USD, 3) one loan exemption from a recorded yacht agent in the FP.

The deposit is not demanded by EU nationals. Charters: Boats are not allowed in French Polynesia. This violates the rules of transient registration of the vessel (see above). If you arrive by plane to rent a vessel, all you need is a current pass, a flight back and, if necessary, a visas.

Click here for the approval sheet. You can get Drontal or Drontic by post from Papeete. This is your immigration seal for French Polynesia. The Papeete is the only place in FP where a veterinarian is available.

Auch interessant

Mehr zum Thema